14th Annual Brady Comeback Award
The Methodist Sports Medicine Research and Education Foundation, the non-profit arm of Methodist Sports Medicine, is seeking nominations for the 14th Annual Brady Comeback Award. This award is unique because it honors both male and female student-athletes at the collegiate and high school level from Indiana who have distinguished themselves by overcoming adversity or injury, and returned and excelled beyond expectations in their respective sport(s). Recipients of this award will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
Our Board of Directors is asking athletic directors, coaches, athletic trainers, family, and community to nominate one male and one female student-athlete who satisfy the criteria set forth in this form. The board will select four student-athletes, one male and one female from the universities and colleges, and one male and one female from the high schools in Indiana as the Brady Comeback Award winners.
- Nominee must have overcome adversity or injury that affected their level of or ability to participate in college level or high school sports.
- Nominee must have returned to their sport(s) and demonstrated achievement beyond expectations.
- Student-athlete must consistently demonstrate good sportsmanship and ethical behavior on and off the playing field.
- Nominee must be in good academic standing. Student-athlete must be a member of an athletic team(s) during the 2018-19 academic year.
- Nominee can be a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior.
- Nominee must be able to attend awards presentation dinner on Friday, May 10, 2019, at the Crane Bay in downtown Indianapolis.
- Each university, college or high school may nominate one male and one female student-athlete that satisfy the criteria.
- You may include two letters of recommendation.
- Nominations forms will not be accepted if accompanied by any supplemental materials, i.e. photographs, newspaper articles, videotape or DVD’s.
- All nominees must satisfy the criteria.
- The Scholarship recipients will be informed by early March of 2019.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the Brady Award Planning Committee and Foundation Board of Directors.
- The committee will then select a male and female winner at the collegiate and high school level.
- Nomination Deadline – February 20, 2019
- Award Winners Announced – March 2019
- Awards Presented at the Brady Sports Achievement Awards Dinner at the Crane Bay, Indianapolis – May 10, 2019